Hi, Welcome to My Abundance Diary Blog.



Sunday 30 October 2011

Abundance - Spend, Spend, Spend, is that the answer?

Abundance Scale - 7/10
I am really into the idea of spending with joy! Spending my money on things I love, pretty things, things that taste nice and things that I love doing (anything to do with Salsa and going on lovely trips to new, exciting places).


What to do though when my spending is more than my earnings on a monthly basis?

One part of me wants to carry on in the knowledge that I live in an abundant world and always have enough! But another part wants to dig its heels in, put the breaks on and say "stop, you are being seriously irresponsible!"

I would like to think that one day I will spend my money on the things that I love, always feel in the flow and not doubt, for a single second, that it should be any other way. However, the resistance I am feeling on and off at the moment, suggests to me the need for balance in terms of spending behaviour.  What does that balance look and feel like? For me, it is a slight change in our habits. So for example, how much do we usually spend on us and what about reducing it slightly and then saying "ok what would we like to spend it on?"
This has uncovered an interesting point for me: saying "Yes" to the things I do want to do or experience and "No" to the things I'm not bothered about or don't want to do! It will be a good exercise for me in being true to myself and making choices that will really benefit or uplift me.

I would love to hear any tips on how you balance your spending habits to help you stay feeling abundant!
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=987

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of spending with joy. I think it can be very satisfying to purchase the things you really need and want. It makes all the difference though if you spend a bit of time truly assessing your priorities and working out what you genuinely need and want. I started my blog www.ecothriftyliving.co.uk as I wanted to cut my living expenses without impacting upon my quality of life or compromising on my principles. I have found that this has unleashed a creative side to me as I contemplate each purchase and consider if I can make it cheaper or better myself prior to spending money, or if there are other options that I hadn't previously considered. I am enjoying the process and sharing my thoughts in my blog along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment. I completely agree with you on the subject of assessing & prioritising what you really need & want. It is so easy to spend money on little things that don't really mean much and then it soon mounts up. I am looking forward to saving some pennies by not doing this so I have more to spend on the things I really value! Love your idea about gift tags on your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete