Hi, Welcome to My Abundance Diary Blog.



Wednesday 26 October 2011

To be or not to be Abundant?

Abundance Scale - 5/10
I start off my Abundance Diary with a whinge I’m afraid! This is because today I am struggling with feeling abundant! I’m just being honest! I have torn a muscle in my bum and can hardly sit down (if you want to find out how I did it read on….).  The worst thing about this is it means I cannot go to Salsa tonight! Boo! I have fallen completely in love with Salsa dancing. It makes me feel alive, excited and above all I have so much fun. I have the biggest grin in the room, so says my hubby. And I know this too as my cheeks ache by the end of the night! Plus I’m sure that the other guys in the class who have to dance with me are looking at me weirdly thinking “why is she grinning so much, is she slightly insane or does she fancy the pants off me?”
I was desperate to go the class tonight (despite the fact I have to travel over an hour to get there and there is a guy who likes to ping my bra strap – oh well, if that keeps him happy!) but, hubby Matt reminded me that my health and well-being is my numero uno value. Humph! When did he get so wise! He is right though, and as much as I want to go I need to rest my body otherwise I risk not being able to go for a much longer period. Double boo!
Abundance is my BIG WORD. I love it. I love feeling it and when I do, I feel life running through my veins. I feel joyous, happy, expansive and in the flow.

Whoops, nearly forgot to tell you how I tore my buttock muscle! Well, I would like to say I did it overstretching during one of my Yoga classes (I am a Yoga teacher). Unfortunately, I have a slightly less virtuous & seedier story to share! I was at a party nearly 2 months ago now and we were having a good old boogie, as you do, when some clever soul pipes up “who can do the splits?” Still having retained some of the competitive spirit from my sportier days & being the valley’s Yoga teacher I thought I would volunteer my expertise! To cut a long story short, 5 minutes later sliding into the splits on my weaker leg, with tights on, on a slippery floor, there was a pop! The pop was not another bottle of fizz being opened but came from the inside of my bottom! Ouch!

Now the thing is, and this may appear fluffy and wishy washy to many people, my Life Purpose is to help others see and feel the greatness and abundance of the Universe! Told you, wishy washy! I found this out after taking part in a number of exercises during my training to be a coach. After the training I sort of just left this information on the back burner not really knowing what to do with it. However, just recently I have noticed how it keeps coming up in my mind and it just seems to feel right! Another part of me is now shouting out upon hearing these words, “how can this be right, you are not always abundant, so how can you help others?”

Here is my challenge! To work on my own feelings of abundance so that I live it, feel it, breathe it, ooze it from every pore in my body! Then surely I help others tap into their own sense of abundance and not forgetting, the abundance of our wonderful, magical universe! And I say magical because it surely is magic? Have you ever really tapped into how the universe provides for you? Watched things unfolding before your very eyes? And held your breath in anticipation of what is coming next? Sometimes it actually freaks me out how things seem to work out! Whether this is an opportunity coming my way to help improve my business or meeting someone new who really helps me to be more authentic, more real so that I experience the feelings and qualities that I long to have in my relationships. But once I start to look at the gifts that are brought to me, this is what gives me the hope and faith that the Universe truly does have our best interests at heart and is working to help bring us our desires.

Once we begin to tap into the abundance of the universe we can really connect with our own sense of abundance. Of having enough money, love, good health, happiness, time, peace, joy. When we connect with this place we feel that everything is okay, we are in the flow of life and are being supported.

I have a great quote which sums this up in simple words better than my own:

"Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into." Wayne Dyer.

I love this as I think it highlights the fact that many people think of the word Abundance in purely financial or wealth terms. And therefore it’s something we work hard to get or we are just lucky and acquire as a result of being born into a rich family!

To finish off my daily write up I’d like to say that I know that I do have a choice about how I look at things and therefore how I feel. So bearing this in mind I decided, upon waking, despite my disappointment at not being able to go to Salsa & really feel that wonderful sense of aliveness and fun that goes with the swinging of the hips (snake hips as my friend Sarah calls them!) that I can still tune into these feelings if I really want to.

The first thing I did was put my headphones on and listen to 2 guided meditations courtesy of Youtube. By imagining myself taking part in activities which I already know help me feel alive and full of joy I can turn my focus towards a much more positive way of thinking and feeling.

Here are the links:





2 comments:

  1. 7/10...
    I am feeling very blessed and appreciative of the things I have in my little world. It is full of smiles, love and happy people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Lou. I have no doubt that you will continue to draw wonderful things to you! As we know what you appreciate "appreciates!"

    ReplyDelete