Hi, Welcome to My Abundance Diary Blog.



Tuesday 22 November 2011

What Does Fun Mean To You?

Can you describe what the word "FUN" means to you? 
What does "FUN" feel like or look like? 
How do you know when you are having "FUN"?


During my coaching sessions I often ask the above questions. The responses I get are very interesting. Many people find it difficult to answer immediately & some people struggle to come up with any answer at all. Adult life is so often full of responsible roles, looking after others and rushing around trying to pack everything in, that sometimes we don't seem to have time for "FUN"! We can then disconnect with what it really feels like and what it really means to us.




So what do you already do that would come into the fun category?
If you can't think of anything, what have you done in the past that you would describe as fun?


Why is/was it fun?
How did it make you feel?






Does having fun mean any of the following descriptions for you?


Spontaniety
Freedom
Silliness
Outrageousness
Going with the flow
Not planning
Excitement
Laughter
Happy
Childishness
Carefree
No awareness of time
Lack of responsility


Many mothers, with whom I work, have described fun in the form of: not having to plan anything; just going with the flow especially when with their children; and seeing things through the eyes of their child. 

For me, fun means dancing, moving my body and this makes me feel happy, excited, free & in the moment. It also means playing with Megan puppy dog and talking to her in a baby voice (I try not to do that in public, but it has been known!). Laughing with good friends is fun and not worrying about what they think of me. Being very silly with my husband - something I must do more of! Rolling down hills covered in snow where we live in the French Alps - lots of fun!

What Else?...
Enjoying new experiences 
Partying with friends
Having 2 glasses of wine, trying to do the splits (fun at the time) but the consequences - not fun!!


So, are you having enough fun? If the answer is yes, great, let us know your secrets! If your answer is no, maybe you have just lost touch with what the term fun actually means to you. The next step is to try to bring it into your life more often. Start off with small things that are fun, that don't take up too much of your time. 


My Salsa classes have ended until the New Year now. If I'm not careful I won't do any until then. But what I can do in the meantime is practice once a week, in the kitchen with hubby (Matt are you reading this!!??) to just keep up those levels of fun in my life.


If you have any tips for increasing the fun in your life please let me know!

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2125
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=283

PJHMCYG2U7AE

No comments:

Post a Comment