Hi, Welcome to My Abundance Diary Blog.



Saturday 5 November 2011

Aaahhh.... A Cup Of Tea & A Yummy Cake! What's On Your Bliss List?

Day 6 5th November 2011
I am sitting in "Tartines De Martines", a fab, kitschy tea shop in Samoens village (French Alps). I have a magazine, a pot of herbal tea and a homestyle magazine with pretty cushions & nice recipes (that I make a mental note to make at a later date - but know that in reality it will not happen). I also have my husband sitting next to me, with his nose in a book, pretending he is some SAS hero stalking the latest terroist.
This simple activity, I can only describe as "yummy". Yummy not only because I also have a chocolate chip muffin to indulge in (yes - sugar, to those people who know me well!) but, because it is something which makes me feel warm, cosy and relaxed. Where I can just go "aaahhhh!" I have nowhere to go, nothing to do and it is really really nice.



Having a cup of tea in a nice tea shop is one of the activities I have on my Bliss List. This is a list of the things I love to do that represent to me a treat or a sense of feeling pampered and relaxed. The list also consists of anything that constitutes a break or some "me time" whether it be in a relaxing or more energetic form.




Some other things on my Bliss List are:

  • Taking a nice hot bath with lots of bubbles
  • Standing outside and looking at our beautiful view and just breathing
  • Listening to upbeat, pop music (& generally dancing to it in the kitchen)
  • Having a cuppa with a good friend
  • Having a full body massage
  • Salsa dancing
  • Browsing a book shop
  • Having lunch out on my own
  • Lying on the floor and playing with Megan puppy dog (I think it's the one time she feels that she is bigger and more in charge than me!)
  • Travelling anywhere with hubby 
  • Having a foot rub
  • Watching a girlie chick flick on a rainy day underneath a soft, cuddly throw
  • Going out for the day to somewhere new and exploring



I remember going to a workshop in the Lake District, led by an author named Gill Edwards. She talked about the importance of trying to make sure that you do something off your Bliss List every day. In this way, you get to prioritise, value and nurture yourself. In this way you ca help yourself maintain a sense of balance in the midst of what is often complete chaos or "running around like a blue a**se fly syndrome!"

What would be on Your Bliss List? Think of some easy, less time consuming things first and then build up your list with all those things which make you go aaaahhhhh!

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2664
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=989

No comments:

Post a Comment