Hi, Welcome to My Abundance Diary Blog.



Saturday 12 November 2011

Are You Enjoying Your Journey?

Excited, daunted, frustrated & scared! These words describe my state of mind since making the decision to give up my career and start afresh. The 12 years I spent as a P.E teacher were not exactly dire, they helped me accumulate numerous useful skills as well as giving me the opportunity to work with some great people. However, I always knew in my heart that it wasn't a long term career for me. Cutting a long story short I am now a professional Life Coach and I love it.

Starting from scratch has proven to be a very interesting ride. There is a huge part of me who wants to "get there" right now. And by "get there", I mean have all the clients, experience, qualifications & recognition which would say that "I've made it"! This side of me is to a large extent very helpful as it gives me the drive and determination to be as good a coach as I can be.
But there is also a little angel on my shoulder reminding me to "enjoy the journey" & "savour the moment".  

I was thinking about this the other day and decided to come up with a list of things which I can be grateful for right now and thus highlight the reasons why I can enjoy the journey, as opposed to wishing I was some place else.
So, my "enjoying the journey" looks like this:

  • Having the opportunity to learn new marketing & business skills
  • Having time to take a break when I like
  • Being able to organise my day as I wish
  • Spending longer meditating & visualising
  • Having time to enjoy reading the ideas and opinions of other coaches
  • Being able to search the internet to find great resources
  • Writing my blogs
  • Networking and meeting like-minded people
  • Enjoying the excitement of not knowing where this is all going to go
  • Enjoying helping people feel great about themselves and their lives!
By focusing on what we have got and what we are achieving on a day to day basis, this helps us to stay present, grounded & to cultivate a sense of appreciation for ourself. It helps us stay away from a state of negative mind chatter where we can beat ourself up for not being as successful, or as good as we think we "should" be.

I would love to hear about Your Journey and what there is to enjoy about it!

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1529

No comments:

Post a Comment